Monday 3 October 2011

Insomnia and the aftermath

So, you know when you can’t sleep and you just lay in bed and you are SO tired and so you try to listen to really boring podcasts and lay really still which makes you even more twitchy and ultimately you feel like there are bugs in the bed so you get up and take ½ a xanex with a glass of wine, or two and watch TV until it all kicks in? Well, that was me last night…and then I got to work this morning (by the grace of God) only to discover that my boss was asking me hard questions in a Department wide management meeting and I was trying to answer, but was still a bit fuzzy from my midnight party so I just sat there looking busy and hoped it would go away

I then decided that what I really want to do is work at my favourite grocery store as a shelf stacker….or maybe a check out girl. But the way my life goes I will probably end up managing all the yahoos like I do now.

How can I get paid for NO responsibility? Surely this is possible. Alex says if I do something uncomplicated but REALLY dangerous, that those jobs are pretty well paid. But I don’t really want to deep sea dive off an oil rig or have to clean the nuclear power plant.

Ug…screw it….I’ll just keep playing the lottery. I am sure that will work out eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment